As a student living on-campus, you have two options for checking out of your residence hall. You can use either Standard Checkout or Express Checkout procedures. Failure to use either Standard or Express Checkout procedures will result in an automatic improper checkout charge of $25.
- Sign up with your RM or PC for a checkout appointment (24 hours in advance).
- Prior to your appointment time, remove all belongings from your room and clean the room (and balcony) thoroughly.
- At your appointment time, meet your RM or PC to inspect your room; compare the condition of the room to your “Room Condition Report” and sign your final checkout.
- Lock the room door(s).
- Turn in your key to your Campus Office. (You are responsible for any damages to your room until the key is turned in.) Failure to return your key will result in a $75 lock change charge and may result in a $25 improper checkout charge.
- You can only use Standard Checkout between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Be sure to be on time for your appointment. Failure to do so may result in an automatic improper checkout charge of $25.
- You will be held financially responsible for any missing items, damages or necessary cleaning.
- We recommend that you use Standard Checkout if you or your roommate(s) have any questions about damage responsibilities.
- Remove all belongings from the room and clean the room (and balcony) thoroughly.
- Lock your room door(s).
- Go to your Campus Office and obtain an Express Key Envelope.
- Complete the information on the key envelope and sign it.
- Place the key in the envelope, seal it and give it to the Campus Office staff. Failure to return your key will result in a $75 lock change charge and may result in a $25 improper checkout charge.
- You can use the Express Checkout option any time.
- A staff member will inspect your room after your departure and compare the present condition of the room to the Room Condition Report when you moved in.
- You will be held financially responsible for missing items, damages or necessary cleaning.
Lost or Misplaced Keys
If you have lost a room key, you should still use either the Standard or Express Checkout procedures. Indicate on the key envelope that your key is lost. The $75 lock change fee will be added to your bill.
To avoid a cleaning charge after checkout (a minimum of $25 per resident per item), please see that your room is left in the following condition:
- All closets and drawers emptied and cleaned
- Bed reassembled
- Arrange the room to original setup
- Wipe off desk with a wet cloth
- Empty and clean medicine cabinet
- Clean sink and bathtub
- Sweep or vacuum and mop if necessary
- Remove any rug imprint
- Do not sweep anything into the hallway
- Do not sweep anything off the balcony (Horseshoe)
- Remove all stickers
- Remove tape and staples
- Remove all posters, nails and tape
- Clean marks off of walls
- Close and lock windows
- Remove any stickers from the windows
- Clean and defrost refrigerator
- Clean oven and stove
- Clear and clean cabinets
Some conditions that may result in charges for damages include, but are not limited to:
- Burn marks
- Cracked mirrors
- Cracked windows
- Dart holes
- Disassembled furniture
- Holes in walls/doors
- Items left in room or on carpet
- Missing/damaged furniture
- Missing mattress pad
- Rented appliances left in room
- Tears in mattress