About This Community
Being a Capstone Scholar allows you to live in a unique community where you can find lasting friendships, build strong relationships with faculty and staff, and challenge yourself to succeed. If you want to “Dream Big! Impact the Community, and Leave a Legacy” at UoSC, The Capstone Scholars Living and Learning Community is the place for you.
Students Who Call This Community Home
Capstone house is home to roughly 580 Residents. Fifteen floors are dedicated to our first year students, where our 2nd floor, “the sophomore floor,” is catered to our 2nd year students. In addition, Columbia Hall is comprised of 47% Capstone Scholars that are part of the program as well.
How To Apply
- Access housing application on my.sc.edu.
- List the Capstone Scholars Community as the first of your required top 5 Living Learning Community preferences.
- Submit housing application by paying $150 application fee no later than May 1, 2017.
- Housing priority is based on your learning community preferences and your date of application to the institution.
- Please note that students in the Capstone Scholars Program receive priority to live in the Capstone Scholars Community. It is unlikely that non-Capstone Scholars will be assigned to the Capstone Scholars Community given space availability and the size of the Capstone Scholars Program.
The Capstone Scholars Community promotes an enriched beyond the classroom learning environment for high achieving USC students through partnerships between the Capstone Scholars team and University Housing. Through the distinct combination of educational opportunities that emphasize academic, leadership, service and social pursuits and lasting relationships between students, faculty, and staff, this community promotes the academic progress, personal success and professional success of students admitted to the Capstone Scholars Program.
Unique Community Experiences
- Gibbs Wednesdays with the Capstone Scholars Staff
- Mug Mondays in the Capstone or Columbia Hall Lobby along with other Scholars related events (stocking stuffers, etc.)
- Scholars events held in the Campus Room