About This Community
The Honors Residence is designed for South Carolina Honors College students to build a close-knit, caring community to support each individual intellectually and academically. Living in the residence offers honors students a rich and rewarding way to access all of the many opportunities that the Honors College offers.
Students Who Call This Community Home
The Honors Residence Hall is designated for students enrolled in the University of South Carolina Honors College. We house approximately 540 residents, including first year students as well as some upper classmen.
Comprised of the Honors Residence Hall and the Historic Horseshoe, the Honors Community provides a unique and scholarly experience to help develop successful students both within and beyond the classroom through encouraging intellectual curiosity, promoting personal wellness, and providing an educational environment that each student can call home.
How To Apply
- Access housing application on my.sc.edu.
- List the Capstone Scholars Community as the first of your required top 5 Living Learning Community preferences.
- Submit housing application by paying $150 application fee no later than May 1, 2017.
- Housing priority is based on your learning community preferences and your date of application to the institution.
- Please note that students in the Honors College receive priority to live in the Honors Community. It is unlikely that non-Honors students will be assigned to the Honors Community given space availability and the size of the Honors College.
Unique Community Experiences
Each year, residents look forward to a variety of experiences and traditions, including:
- Trivia Night
- Faculty Fellow Lunch Chats
- Involvement in our three themed communities: Sustainability, Fine Arts, and Health and Wellness.
- Residents of the Honors Hall Community enjoy the luxury a multitude of common and study spaces, designated classrooms for Honors classes, a dining facility and a coffee shop.
PhD Senior Associate Dean
MEd Director of Pre-Medical Advisement
EdD Clinical Assistant Professor
Academic Advisor – Senior Thesis