The International House at Maxcy College (IHMC) is pleased to offer two one-bedroom apartments that are available on a first-come, first-served basis for use by visiting international guests and international studies scholars. These apartments offer one-bedroom and one bathroom with a kitchenette and living room area. The apartments also provide wired and wireless network access, laundry facilities and linen services.
Guests should be sponsored by an academic or professional unit of the University of South Carolina. Eligible guest include visiting faculty on short-term appointments, invited guest speakers, keynote speakers for academic conferences and visiting scholars who have been granted an academic courtesy by a unit of the University.
In all cases, guests who are granted short-term residence in the International House at Maxcy College should contribute to the core mission of the International House in one of several ways. These include contributions that would allow IHMC residents to:
- Interact with international guests or international-studies scholars
- Discuss important international issues
- Exchange views on important international issues with other residents of the International House
- Have meaningful interactions with residents of the International House
- Possibly communicate with guests and other students in a language other than English
Length of Stay
The visiting guest apartments are available for two types of residence stay: short-term and long-term. Generally, the minimum length of a short-term stay is three days. The maximum short-term stay is one week. The basic long-term stay will generally be no more than one month. On rare occasions, the long-term stay may be extended to one full semester. One full semester is the absolute maximum stay allowed in the visiting guest apartment.
While we would welcome the opportunity to offer the visiting guest apartments as a courtesy, we are required to receive some remuneration for this housing space. We have attempted to keep the cost of these apartments to a minimum. The cost is $75 per night.
Reservations for the International House at Maxcy College guest apartments should be made by the sponsoring academic unit by submiting a reservation. After submitting your reservation request, you will be contacted within 48 hours to confirm your reservation and make payment arrangements.
- The International House at Maxcy College is a 100% tobacco-free environment. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for the use of tobacco products in the guestroom or common spaces. Also, use of tobacco products is not allowed within 25 feet of any entrance to the building, as well as in the entire courtyard.
- This cleaning fee will be charged to the sponsoring academic unit.