Advertising for Residence Halls
University Housing welcomes the opportunity to distribute information to students and staff via digital signage and community calendars. We accept requests from University-approved programs, departments and activities for events only. They must be approved by the University Housing Marketing and Communications Office and we reserve the right to reject advertising because of content.
Forms indicating the department number and fund number to be billed for this service must be completed and received by the Marketing and Communications Office. You can send the form electronically using the form below. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, complete the form below and bring payment to the Business Services Office located on the Garden Level of Patterson Hall (1520 Devine Street). We cannot accept cash payments. Advertising time slots are not reserved until payment is received. The rate is $50.00 per week which includes one 1920x1080p digital slide and an event line on our weekly online and social media community calendars.
Graphics must be received by Friday at 12:00 p.m. the week prior to its run time.
Registered student organizations and University departments wishing to advertise within the residence halls must complete the following:
- Complete the Advertising Request Form (each field must be completed).
- Submit the form to the Marketing and Communications Office, along with the digital slide graphic (1920px x1080px) to the Marketing and Communications email: email@example.com.
- Pre-pay the cost of the advertising week (Ads run Monday thru Sunday).
- A confirmation email will be sent to all confirmed advertising requests upon completion of payment.
Other important information:
- Digital slides are limited to five external slides per week and University Housing slides.
- If digital slide slots are not available, advertising on the community calendars is available for $20.00 per week.
- Fall Semester reservations will be accepted beginning August 1 and Spring Semester reservations will be accepted beginning January 2. Contact the Marketing and Communications Office for information about Summer Session Advertising.
- No external vendor is permitted to post flyers or leave materials in any residence hall without the written permission of the Director of Residence Life.
- Electronic e-mail blasts to student accounts are not offered as a method of promoting events or distributing general information. This type of communication is reserved for safety-related announcements and University Housing information.
- University Housing reserves the right to refuse advertising events that are found to be inappropriate (example: materials that would be offensive and not in line with the principles of the Carolinian Creed, those promoting alcohol or drugs, etc.).
- Violations of this policy will result in the loss of future advertising privileges within University Housing.
For more information concerning advertising in the residence halls contact the University Housing Marketing and Communications Office at 803-777-4283.
*Information is subject to change without advance notice.
Digital signage is no longer available as the academic year has ended. Signage will resume in the fall!