2017/2018 Current Student Sign-Up (Columbia Campus)
- Step 1: Know Your Deadlines
- Step 2: Pick Your Community
- Step 3: Complete a University Housing Interest Form
- Step 4: Submit Your Application/Contract
- Step 5: Select Your Room
Before you get started. Completion of a University Housing interest form does not guarantee current students on-campus housing for the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 academic year.
- October 3, 2016: 2017/2018 current undergraduate student housing interest forms available online.
- November 3, 2016: Deadline for current undergraduate student housing interest forms to be submitted (5 p.m.).
- December 2016: Current undergraduate students who met the November 3 deadline will be notified at the earliest on this date, if they are approved for housing for Fall 2017/Spring 2018. Students that are approved must complete a contract online via my.sc.edu and submit the $150 advanced room payment and application fee prior to January 4, 2017.
- January 4, 2017: Deadline for approved current students to apply via my.sc.edu and submit the $150 advanced room payment and application fee.
- January 8, 2017: Deadline to cancel housing and receive a refund of $100 advanced room payment.
- March 2017: Current undergraduate student room selection completed.
Not on campus? Students who are studying abroad or on exchange can access all the University Housing sign-up information online, including interest forms and the official contract.
Living on campus you are part of a special community of students. It is important that you find the community that best suits your personality and lifestyle. To learn more about the communities, visit the Living and Learning Communities page.
|Business Community||Journalism and Mass Communications Community|
|Capstone Scholars*||Major and Career Exploration Community|
|Carolina Men's Community||Music Community|
|Carolina Women's Community||Pre-Law, Justice and Politics Community|
|Engineering and Computing Community||Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental and Pre-Health Community|
|Green Quad Learning Community||Preston Residential College|
|Healthy Carolina Wellness Community||Psychology and Service-Learning Community|
|Honors College*||Sport and Entertainment Management Community|
|International House at Maxcy College|
*Capstone Scholars and Honors College are only available to students whom are currently members of their respective Learning Community.
Quick, easy and free! The University Housing interest forms allow current undergraduate students the ability to sign-up for the community of their choice without paying an initial application fee. These quick and easy forms allow you to express your interest in University Housing and know what building you would be assigned to prior to paying an advance fee. You are limited to completing one interest form, so selecting the community that is the best fit for you is critical.
We can't help unless we know. Scared of heights, suffer from bad allergies or have other special considerations that we need to take into account when assigning your housing? Simply answer "yes" under the special considerations portion of your interest form.
Once you are approved for on-campus housing and know your specific learning community for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 you will need to complete your housing application/contract online through my.sc.edu to confirm your approval for housing. At this point, you'll pay the $150 advanced room payment and application fee. Students who have been approved for housing and do not complete the contract and submit their payment prior to January 4, 2017 will automatically decline their on-campus housing.
Once you have submitted your contract on my.sc.edu, University Housing will contact you via your University email with your room selection appointment details. All room selections will be completed prior to March 6, 2017. Failure to select a room by March 2017 will result in your room being automatically assigned.
Visit the Current Student FAQ for more information. If students have any questions about the sign-up process for Fall 2017/Spring 2018, please contact our office before November 3, 2016. For a one-on-one consulation with an assignment coordinator, make an appointment online.